Wednesday, June 1, 2011

No-Knead Bread is Dee-licious!

Seriously. This is some GOOD bread. The first time I made it I found it frustrating and complicated, and the results weren't the best...it became a sticky soupy mess that made it quite difficult to follow, well, almost all of the steps! However, after thorough research I realized that using bread flour rather than all-purpose flour and reducing the 1 5/8 cups water that many of the recipes call for to 1 1/2 cups water (this is the amount that Mark Bittman used in a video I found online) yielded beautiful results. Easy peasy! Also, I've found that mixing up the recipe in the afternoon, letting it rise overnight and then doing the second raise and baking while I get ready in the morning means that I get a slice of fresh bread to start my day! I've also started playing around with the recipe a bit. I've made one loaf with thyme and rosemary (GREAT!), another loaf with dill weed (a bit bland, this one needs more work), and yet another with craisins (Also GREAT!). I've yet to have a loaf fail (other than my initial attempt) and the mix-ins make it so easy to customize. It's also a super easy and cheap gift to let someone know you're thinking of them! Do it!

P.S. Pardon the picture quality, it was a spur-of-the-moment cellphone shot! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment